1. Let us sing to- ge- ther, friends, Let us ce- leb- rate our joy,
2. Through-out Eu-rope's Con- ti- nent Peop- le now are on the march,
1. Nei- ther ri- ver, nor the moun-tains No more bor- ders, ne'er a- gain.
2. A new fee- ling guides them on-ward, De- ter- mi- nation to u- nite.
1. Oh, Eu- ro- pa, our own home, You were di- vi- ded far too long,
2. Un- der the shield of the law We will live in har- mo- ny,
1. Let your beau-ty now shine forth, From you on- ly all have come.
2. Thus our oath, that's what we swear, One coun-try and one des- ti- ny.
1. Your flag now u- nites as bro-thers Those whom war did once di-vide, (Your)
2. There's e-xamp-le for the world, There's di- rec- tion, there's the way, (The)
1. Your own law now brings to- ge- ther Ci- ti- zens in full con- sent.
2. The whole hu-man race and peop- le Dwell in peace now, and in joy.
|Let us sing together, friends,|
Let us celebrate our joy,
Neither river, nor the mountains
No more borders, ne'er again.
Oh, Europa, our own home,
You were divided far too long,
Let your beauty now shine forth,
From you only all have come.
Your flag now unites as brothers
Those whom war did once divide,
Your own law now brings together
Citizens in full consent.
|Throughout Europe's Continent|
People now are on the march,
A new feeling guides them onward,
Determination to unite.
Under the shield of the law
We will live in harmony,
Thus our oath, that's what we swear,
One country and one destiny.
There's example for the world,
There's direction, there's the way,
The whole human race and people
Dwell in peace now, and in joy.